I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Photo Challenge Day 1 - 15 Facts about You
1. I live Sacramento, the same town I was born in, but have also lived in Elmira, NY, Chico, California, Pau, France, Haleiwa, Hawaii, & Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California.
2. I was born left handed but switched to right in kindergarten in NY.
3. I LOVE my dog, and I'm a huge animal lover in general.
4. I became a vegetarian when I was 10, after being traumatized by a television show about slaughterhouses that I accidentally came across.
5. My favorite things to do are: read, write, make things, swim, and learn/try new things.
6. Traveling and learning about people's lives in other cultures is one of my biggest passions.
7. I love trying out new ethnic foods and would love to take cooking classes of all sorts.
8. Hanalei, Kauai is my favorite place on Earth, and I consider myself Hawaiian at heart.
9. San Francisco is my favorite city in the world.
10. I want to do more in life, and do what I can to make the world a better place.
11. My mom is my best friend.
12. Toots & the Maytals are my all time favorite band.
13. I have a long bucket list, let's hope I live long enough to cross everything off the list.
14. Life has been nothing like I ever expected.
15. I consider a rich life to be rich in love, friendship, life experiences, and fun. If I have those things throughout my lifetime, I will consider myself very lucky indeed.