Welcome!

I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day friends! I hope it is day filled with happiness, wherever you are. I had a delightful time making Valentines yesterday. I always plan to make Valentines, then often run out of time before it's too late. What was special about making Valentines this year was in thinking of the people I was making them for. I tried to pick colors that reminded me of them, and I recalled good memories with these various friends I've had throughout my life.
A lot of my friends live far away, and we don't get to see each other that often. If we do have contact, it is often through Facebook or something, and over time, the bonds I had with many friends have sort of faded. Making these Valentines was a way for me of saying "I remember you. And I am thinking of you on this day, no matter how much time has passed."

No comments: