Welcome!

I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Citrus Galore


Citrus flavors are some of my favorite flavors in the world, and I am lucky because citrus season is in full swing in California right now. In December, I made a batch of limoncello with the help of my friend Julie, who taught me the ropes. It was delicious!
Now, thanks to my friend Meghan who dropped off a huge bag of Meyer lemons the other day, I am halfway through my second batch of limoncello. The lemon zest is marinating in the Everclear for another week, and then I'll finish it up.
Believe it or not, the same day that my friend Meghan dropped off the lemons, I was at my friend Stephanie's house, and she sent me home with a bag full of oranges. These are so sweet and refreshing, they're some of the best oranges I've ever had. We've been slicing them and keeping the orange slices in the fridge for healthy snacks.
With the surplus of oranges (and sadly, a few did go to waste,) I've been looking for some fun recipes with oranges. It's candied orange peels, and I think I'm going to try it!

It's from this lovely lady's blog, and has a plethora of other wonderful recipes too.

http://dianasaurdishes.com/02/how-to-make-candied-orange-peel/

Check it out, and I'll keep you posted on how those candied orange peels turn out too.

If you have any citrus infused recipe ideas to share, I'd love to hear about it!

Xo, Jeneka

No comments: