Welcome!

I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Days of Wonder




Dear Friends,

I am changing the name of my blog from Yeni's Notebook to Days of Wonder, because I think that the latter title much better describes my theme in blogging. I like capturing ideas, moments, people and places that bring me wonder, and that is the purpose of my blog. So I thought it would be fitting that the name matched that.

I am thinking back to days of wonder that I've had in my life, and here are a few:

Riding a tw0-wheeled bike for the first time when I was five years old.

Catching my first wave on a surfboard, at 27 years old!

Swimming with dolphins in Hawaii and Mexico.

Watching the enchanting jellyfish at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

The day I got Coconut. It was December 20, 2007, and she was just 8 weeks old.

Seeing Cuba for the first time, and swimming in the Caribbean Sea.

Swimming in the waves at sunset in Hanalei, Kauai.

Meeting my niece Abby Grace on the day she was born.

Meeting my god-daughter Sophia.

Watching the mermaid swim at the Dive Bar a few weeks ago.

The day I got married.

What are some of your most wondrous moments/memories?

No comments: