Welcome!

I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 22 - A Picture of Something You Wish You Were Better At



I wish I was better at surfing, and I wish I could surf more often. My ultimate inspiration in surfing is Rell Sunn. She is credited as being the first woman to really get female surfers on the map, and served as an inspiration not just as one of the first female surfers, but as the embodiment of the aloha spirit, and a person with a truly beautiful heart. She lost her battle with cancer back in 1998, but her spirit and inspiration lives on, as it undoubtedly will for years to come. Mahalo Nui Loa Rell. We'll love you forever.

http://www.rellsunn.com

No comments: