Welcome!

I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!

Friday, November 5, 2010

What I'm Lovin'

1. The song "You and Your Heart," by Jack Johnson! I love it!
2. The film "Ultimate Wave Tahiti" in 3D at Imax theatres. Tahiti is definitely on the bucket list.
3. "I love you Bora Bora," is the first song I want to learn on the ukulele that I got for my b-day.
4. Drawing seahorses. I drew a few last week, it's easier than I thought if I have a model to look at.
5. The book I'm reading, "Chasing Dreamtime: A Sea-Going Hitchhiker's Journey through Memory and Myth."
6. My husband's winter soups. He's been making some great soup creations since the weather cooled down. So yummy!
7. A website that several of my students subscribe to called "Brainpop." This site is awesome!
8. My new geography teaching guide, so I can supplement some of my students' curriculum with cool geography projects. I have a lot to learn about geography myself still. It's all so fascinating.
9. Cool new place I'm learning about: Aitutaki, an "almost atoll" in the Cook islands. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aitutaki
10. Favorite new recipe(s): Moroccan Lentil Soup, (you can look it up at allrecipes.com), and another soup recipe that our friend Harvi Dearie gave us that is also so delicious! It includes carrots, turnips, and potatoes, squash and lots of other vegetables, and savory spices.

No comments: