Welcome!

I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!

Monday, November 22, 2010

My College Roomie

Shannon, one of my best friends in college & college roommate stopped by today. It was so good to see her. Her husband had a medical appt. in the same office building as my doctor, who happens to be around the corner from me. I was there too today. I told her she had to stop by. We had a great visit, and I finally got to meet her adorable baby daughter, Fiona. I also got to see her son Sammy, who's 3 now, and has grown so much! We used to talk about everything: our latest crushes during college, our classes, and plans and dreams for when college was over. We rode our cruiser bikes everywhere together, cooked together, and definitely partied together. We came of age together. When I moved to Hawaii, and then San Diego after college, we sort of got out of touch for a little while. When I had my bachelorette party, she couldn't make it because she was pregnant with Fiona, but she made me the sweetest photo album with words and photos from every single one of my friends. That's the kind of friend and person she is. Shannon is like a sister to me, and it was so comforting to see her and catch up with her. I miss her but feel encouraged to make more of an effort to stay in contact and be a good friend. Sometimes seeing a friend's face is the only reminder you need to remember how much you care about someone. I want to be a better friend to her from now on, like we were in college. I love my Shanny girl.

Here's a few photos we took today.



No comments: