Welcome!

I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Some FUN New Year's Resolutions!


Ok, so enough about the serious stuff. In order to truly enjoy life, we all have to have FUN on a regular basis. So here's what I plan to do in the New Year to have lots and lots of it in 2011.
1. Entering every contest I can find. It's so much fun just thinking about the possibility of winning!
2. Trying something new or going somewhere new at least once a month. Everyone needs more novelty in their lives, right?
3. Sending out at least one special letter/care package to a friend or family member once a month. In the age of the internet, letters have almost gone the way of the Dodo bird.
4. Make more lists! Sure, it's kind of nerdy I guess, but I love making lists. And making lists can go so far beyond the grocery list. Today, for example, I plan to make these lists: work to-do list, writing to-do list, books I want to read list, a "What I'm Looking Forward to this Year" list, and other miscellaneous life to-do lists.
5. Becoming more organized. Sure, this may sound like a boring resolution, but in the big picture, being organized does make life more fun. Clutter is not only visually unattractive, but it hinders one's success in life when everything is not organized in its place. I am starting with photos and paper clutter, and going from there.
6. Reaching out and helping more. I'm not sure if it will be a soup kitchen, a children's home, or planting new trees along a green belt, but this year I am planning to get more involved in helping out in the community when and where I can. Dwelling on one's own problems doesn't help anybody, especially when all of this energy could be spent helping others instead.
7. Remembering birthdates and special events in my loved one's lives. I am such a forgetful person that this is a tough one, but I am making an effort to get all of the important dates on my outlook calendar.
8. Learning to cook a new kind of food. What I mean by this is that I want to take cooking classes to learn to cook, say, some new Thai or Vietnamese dishes. Bring it on! Variety is the spice of life, right?

What New Year's Resolutions would you like to make for more FUN in your life???

No comments: