Welcome!

I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kayaking

It was really nice to get out of Sac and head up to the Sierras for a day of kayaking with Rob, my dad, and my stepmom Donna. We stayed with my dad in Auburn on Friday night, then spent the day kayaking on Saturday at a lake up toward Tahoe. It's such a peaceful experience just being alone in the boat in the middle of the lake. Living in a city makes it tough to get out into wide open spaces very often. It's so good to just look out at the water, relax, and empty the mind of all the busy thoughts that constantly occupy me. I'd like to do a lot more kayaking in the near future. And kayaking in Southern Baja to whale watch one winter is a big dream too, among many others.

No comments: