Welcome!

I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sea Mail Art

There is an artist by the name of Elizabeth O'Donnell who lives on a tiny island off the coast of Alaska. The way she stays connected to the rest of the world is through mail art, and right now she is requesting that people send her mail art of the sea. All of the mail she gets will be posted on her blog, and will also be in a small showing on Kodiak Island. I think I'm going to send something in. I'm not much of an artist but love to do collage. Maybe I will do a sea-inspired collage and send it in. I love projects like this, art for the sake of art. She's been getting mail from all over the world. Some pretty great stuff too. What a fantastic idea.

http://theseamailart.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

陳逸群 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
孝齊孝齊 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.