Welcome!

I am a teacher and aspiring writer, and keep a blog to keep up with writing and document the daily moments that make up my life. Working with my students & travel writing are my biggest passions. People, art, food, wine/spirits, and culture are other writing interests. Thanks for coming by!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Grains of Sand


I cut this out of an Islands magazine years ago, and to this day, it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. It's grains of sand magnified hundreds or thousands of times. When I look, I see bits of glass, shell, and coral, among other things. It's so colorful and beautiful when magnified. It's incredible to think about the fact that something so magnificent is right before our eyes but cannot be seen with the human eye alone. It reminds me to try to find beauty wherever I am, and remember that there are so many wondrous things in the world just waiting to be discovered.

No comments: